IITM recruitment 2022, IITM Research Fellows Recruitment 2022, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology recruitment 2022, IITM Research Associates Recruitment 2022, Engineers Recruitment 2022, M.Tech. Recruitment 2022
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Research Associates and Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Research Fellows recruitment Details, how to apply, Important dates, Educational Qualification and salary discussed in this post.
Applications are invited from young Doctorates / Post Graduates – Science/ Engineers
for selection of Research Associate & Research Fellows at the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Applicants are advised to apply online and no compulsory experience needed( Freshers can Apply) Tenure of employment will be minimum 03 Years and expect extension.
More Details of Advertisement and application procedures are discussed below.
IITM recruitment 2022 | Scientist Fellows Recruitment 2022
|Recruiter||Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)|
|Application Starting Date||27.06.2022|
|Application End Date||27.06.2022|
|Tentative interview schedule||July-August 2022|
|Essential Qualification||B.Tech., B.E., M.Sc., M.Tech. & PhD|
|Job Location||New Delhi, India|
Name of Posts:
- Research Associates
- Research Fellows
No of Positions:
- Research Associates: SC- 2, ST-2, OBC-5, EWS- 2, UR -4
- Research Fellows: SC-2, ST-2, OBC–6, EWS-3, UR-7
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) Pune
- Research Associates: A Doctorate degree from a recognized University in Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Oceanography/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Geophysics / Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ Chemistry/ Mechanical Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering/ Geology/ Earth Sciences/ Computer Science/ Computer Applications or equivalent subjects and having at least one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal in the relevant field.
- Research Fellows: Post Graduate degree in Physical Sciences [includes Physics, Applied Physics, Atmospheric Sciences, Meteorology, Oceanography, Climate Science, Geophysics with Meteorology as one of the subject/ Environmental Sciences/ Electronics or equivalent subjects] / Chemical Sciences [includes Chemistry/ Physical Chemistry/ Inorganic Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry or equivalent subjects]/ Mathematical Sciences [includes Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ statistics or equivalent subjects] OR
- M. Tech. in Atmospheric/ Oceanic Sciences or equivalent subject with at least 55% marks for General and OBC Category (50% for SC, ST and Physically Handicapped Category). OR
- Master’s degree from any branch of Engineering with at least 55% marks for General and OBC Category (50% for SC, ST and Physically Handicapped Category).
- The candidates should have passed one of the following:
- Scholars qualified in National Eligibility Tests namely CSIR-UGC NET/ GATE / JEST
- Candidates who have qualified through processes held at National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, IIT, IISc, IISER etc., can also apply for the post.
- Research Associates: Candidate should have minimum 60% aggregate mark in the Master’s degree and Well acquainted in WRF model parameterizations and simulations/ WRF Setup/ WRF large Eddy Simulation/ Post processing with NCL/ Operating System like Linux/ Computer Programming like Python, AI/ML, FORTRAN, C++, R etc.,/ shell scripting/ Hotwire anemometry/ PIV/ Numerical Simulations/ MATLAB software/ CFD software’s, etc.
- Research Fellows: Demonstrated skills in computer programming Linux, UNIX, Windows/ FORTRAN/ C etc.
- Research Associates: 35 years as on 27.06.2022
- Research Fellows: 28 years as on 27.06.2022
- Research Associates: Rs. 47,000/- p.m. plus admissible HRA
- Research Fellows: Rs. 31,000/- p.m. plus admissible HRA
HOW TO APPLY?
Aspiring candidates may submit their applications along with their CV online at the official website https://www.tropmet.res.in/Careers Hard copy of the application will not be accepted.
- The first stage of selection will be done through written examination.
- In second stage The shortlisted candidates will be advised to appear for a final personal interview to be conducted as per rules at the venue and date, which will be intimated through the call letter.
- What is IITM?
The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune is an autonomous research organization under Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi, fully devoted to cutting edge research in various aspects of weather and climate science. The activities include training of post graduates and motivate them to take up research careers in atmospheric and oceanic sciences required to improve skill of weather and climate forecasts.
- What does IITM Specialize in?
The Institute has excellent infrastructural facilities such as India’s first Multi Petaflop Super Computer, observational facilities like RADARS, Radiometers, LIDAR etc., modern library, workshop and other scientific support. It has a strong link with various universities and National and International organizations. Major research areas at the Institute are climate modelling, climate change projections, Climate variability and climate dynamics, extended range and seasonal forecasts, physics and dynamics of tropical clouds, aerosol-cloud-precipitation interaction, air pollution monitoring, modelling and prediction, satellite and radar meteorology and paleoclimatology.